- No added soya
- No added egg
Aubergine and broccoli au gratinSuitbale for 10 months+
A soft vegetable gratin which you can easily mash to the texture your baby likes.
2 baby servings
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium slices (100g (3½ oz)) aubergine cut into 1cm cubes
- 200g (7 oz) canned chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 small (30g (1oz)) broccoli floret, roughly chopped
- 50g (1¾ oz) frozen peas,
- 1 thick slice (40g (1½ oz)) white bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 30g (1oz) cheddar cheese, grated.
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and fry the aubergine, stirring often to prevent sticking. After a couple of minutes reduce the heat, cover and continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When the aubergine is soft add the tomatoes and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the peas and broccoli by steaming or boiling in unsalted boiling water until just soft, drain.
- Preheat the grill.
- Mix together all the vegetables and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and cheese and grill for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Can be refrigerated for 2 days, and needs to be reheated until piping hot before serving.Makes multiple servings
Serve with fingers of ciabatta or bread.