- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Beefy ratatouilleSuitable for 10 months+
This easy dish is sure to become a firm favourite and you can be sure you’ll always have it to hand. The ratatouille can be made on the hob or, if you have the oven on, pop it in the oven instead.
6 baby portions
- 250g (9oz) lean minced beef
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium (100g (3½ oz) onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ a medium (80g (3oz) red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small (100g (3½ oz) courgette, sliced
- Half a medium (150g (5½ oz) aubergine, diced
- 400g (14oz) canned chopped tomatoes
- 5 basil leaves, torn or 1/2 dried basil
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Brown the mince in a pan.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and pepper. Continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients.
- If you are cooking this on the hob, cover and simmer very gently, stirring occasionally for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- If you want to cook the ratatouille in the oven place it in an ovenproof dish and cook at 180°C, fan oven 160°C or gas mark 4 for 30-40 minutes.
- The ratatouille can be frozen for up to 3 months, or kept in the fridge for 2 days. Reheat until piping hot.
Serve with baked potato, pasta, rice or cous cous.