- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Celery chicken and mushroom risotto with green beansSuitable for 10 months+
A soft herby risotto made with risotto or short grain rice. Serve with green beans which your baby can eat with his fingers.
2 baby portions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium (60g/ 2 oz) stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion (60g/ 2 oz), finely chopped
- 75g (2 ¾ oz) skinless chicken thigh, finely chopped
- 50g (1 ¾oz) mushrooms, finely chopped
- 70g (2 ¾ oz ) risotto or short grain rice
- ½ tsp dried Italian herbs
- Approx 250ml (9 fl oz) water
- 55g (1 ¾ oz) trimmed green beans, each cut into 3 pieces .
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan, and gently fry the celery and onion for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, rice and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding 100ml of boiling water.
- Stir, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat, simmering, and stirring occasionally. Stir in more water as required until the rice is tender – around 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the green beans until just tender.
- Serve the risotto with the beans.
- The risotto can be frozen for up to 3 months once cooled, and reheated until piping hot.
Serve with soft cooked carrot batons.