- Gluten free
- No added soya
Cheesy leek and potato pieSuitable for 10 months+
This really cheap and easy meal uses commonly found vegetables, and will be a favourite for your baby and you.
3 baby portions
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Half a small leek (65g (2¼ oz), white parts only, finely chopped
- 1 small (100g (3½ oz) courgette, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium (135g (5oz) potato, grated
- 30g (1oz) baby spinach leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- 50g (1¾ oz) cheese, grated
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Preheat and oven to 180 °C, fan oven 160°C. gas mark 4 and spray or brush a small ovenproof container, such as a small pie dish with oil.
- In a non stick pan heat the oil and gently fry the leek and courgette for 5 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and stir in the grated potato, spinach leaves and most of the cheese.
- Add the cooked courgette and leek, and spoon into the prepared pie dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the potato is cooked through and the top golden brown.
- The pie can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days, but is not suitable for freezing.
Serve with some halved cherry tomatoes, or soft cooked carrots.