Chick pea and aubergine kormaA great use for aubergine along with some store cupboard ingredients, this mild curry is quick and easy to make. Look out for curry powder which does not contain salt.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 medium stick celery (50g / 1 ¾ oz), finely chopped
- Half a small aubergine (80g / 2 ¾ oz), finely diced
- Half a teaspoon salt free curry powder
- Half a 400g (14 oz) can chick peas in water, drained weight of 117g (4 ½ oz)
- 200ml water
- 15g (1/2 oz) creamed coconut
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and gently fry the onion and celery for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and aubergine and cook for another 2-3 minutes before adding the chick peas and water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for around 20 minutes until the vegetable are tender.
- In the last five minutes add the creamed coconut and stir well.
- Mash if required to a texture suitable for your baby.
- The korma can be refrigerated for 2 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Reheat until piping hot.
Serve with rice. You may like to stir in a few chopped baby spinach leaves with the coconut for additional vitamin C.