- No added soya
- No added egg
Creamy chicken & veg with noodlesSuitable from 10 months+
- 1 chicken breast (125g/4oz), skinned and cut into small cubes
- ½ small onion (prepared weight approx. 50g/2oz), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ green pepper (prepared weight approx. 25g /1oz), deseeded and diced
- 1 medium courgette (prepared weight approx. 150g/5oz), trimmed and diced
- 175g (6oz) mushrooms, wiped clean and chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 350ml (12 fl oz) boiling water
- 150g (5oz) broccoli florets, chopped into thumb size pieces
- 142ml pot single cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- About 10 basil leaves
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes.
Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya
- Put the chicken, onion, garlic and oil in a large pan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the green pepper and courgette, put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the mushrooms, then sprinkle in the flour, stirring well and stir in the tomato purée. Pour in the water. Bring to the boil and stir in the broccoli. Bring to the boil again, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the vegetables are softened gently, stir in the cream and heat through for 5 minutes.
- Cook the vermicelli to add to the sauce, allowing about 25g (1oz) children and 50g (2oz) for adults.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes then add the parsley and tear in the basil leaves. Put the mixture (sauce and pasta) into a blender or food processor and pulse a few times so that the mixture looks like it's been chopped into small chunky pieces, suitable for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.