- No added soya
- No added egg
Suitable from 6 months.
If you are preparing this recipe for a baby unable to tolerate whole cows' milk, please read the special cautionary notes below.
- 3 tbsp porridge oats
- 200ml (7 floz) your baby's usual milk*
- Approx. 100ml (3.5 floz) unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
Please note:Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. If your baby is following a strict vegetarian diet, make sure their usual milk is suitable for vegetarians.
*If your baby is following a milk free diet, just use the formula suitable for your baby's special diet as directed by your Healthcare Professional.
- Dissolve sugar in the milk and apple juice over a medium heat.
- Stir in the porridge oats and simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring continuously.
- Purée and add more milk if the mixture becomes too thick or stir in some Cow & Gate Baby Rice to achieve the desired smooth consistency.
- Cool and serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
You can also try stirring in your baby's favourite fruit purées to create different flavours.