- No added soya
- No added egg
Creamy vegetables with riceSuitable for 10 months+
Delicious vegetables in a milk based sauce served with rice.
2 baby portions
- 25g (1 oz) polyunsaturated spread or 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (60g/ 2oz), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 100g (3 ½ oz) mushrooms, chopped
- 1 level tbsp flour
- 200ml (7 fl oz) full fat milk
- 2 smallish (45g/ 1 ¾ oz) broccoli florets, quartered
- 30g (1 oz) spinach leaves
Each serving should be accompanied by 1 tablespoon of rice (dry weight of about 30g/ 1 oz).
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Melt the spread and fry the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add the mushrooms stir and cover. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and gradually add the milk, stirring all the time until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile steam or boil the broccoli in unsalted water until tender.
- Cook the spinach until it just wilts.
- Stir the broccoli and spinach into the sauce.
- Meanwhile cook the rice in unsalted water according to packet instructions.
- Serve the vegetable sauce with the rice.
- The vegetable sauce can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours, but is not suitable for freezing.Do not store any cooked rice.
Add cooked carrots or sweetcorn.