- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
Eat your greens soup!Suitable for 10 months+
This is an all round winner disguising 3 types of green vegetables in a sweet tasting soup. It makes a great soup for toddlers, which can be spoon fed, or drunk from a cup. Serve with lots of fingers of bread for a nutritious if messy lunch!
4 -6 baby servings
- 15g (½ oz) full fat spread
- 1 small (60g (2oz) onion, finely chopped
- 30g (1 oz) spinach leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- 60g (2oz) broccoli florets without too much stalk, roughly chopped
- 200g (7oz) frozen peas
- 400ml (14 fl oz) full fat milk
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Melt the spread in a saucepan and gently fry the onion for 4-5 minutes
- Stir in the chopped broccoli and peas.
- Pour in the milk and bring to the boil.
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Cool a little then blend until smooth.
- The soup can be refrigerated for 24 hours or frozen for up to 3 months. After freezing the soup may need to be blended again if it separates. Reheat until piping hot.
Serve with bread fingers.