- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Fruity chicken & veg risottoSuitable from 10 months+
- 1 chicken breast (125g/4oz), skinned and cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot (prepared weight approx. 125g/4oz), peeled and diced
- 1 small leek (prepared weight approx. 100g/3½oz), well washed, trimmed and finely sliced
- 50g (2oz) cauliflower, divided into small florets
- 1 small courgette (prepared weight approx. 100g/3½oz), trimmed and diced
- 100g (3½ oz) frozen sweetcorn
- 175g (6oz) risotto rice
- 200g (7oz) of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) unsweetened apple juice
- 600ml (just over 1 pint) boiling water
- ½ a dessert apple (prepared weight approx. 75g/3oz), peeled, cored and diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Put the chicken and oil in a large pan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the carrot and leek, put the lid on the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower, courgette, sweetcorn and rice and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Spoon in the tomatoes, apple juice and pour in the water. Bring to the boil, add the apple then half cover with the pan lid and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool for a few minutes then stir in the parsley and put the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse a couple of times so that the mixture looks like it's been chopped into small chunky pieces, suitable for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.