- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
Lamb & pea casserole with broccoli mashSuitable for 10 months+
A delicious lamb stew with soft vegetables, served with a lovely green mash. A great way to encourage your baby to eat greens!
3 baby servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lean lamb steak weighing about 100g (3 ½ oz)
- 1 small (60g / 2oz) onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium (85g / 3oz) carrot, sliced
- 1 stick (60g / 2oz) of celery, sliced
- 1clove garlic, crushed
- 150ml (¼ pt) water
- Juice of half a lemon (20ml / ¾ fl oz)
- Few oregano leaves or a pinch of dried
- 60g (3 oz) frozen peas
For the broccoli mash
- 250g / 9oz) potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 80g / 3 oz) broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 30ml (1 fl oz) full fat milk
- 15g (½ oz) poly or mono unsaturated spread
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and brown the lamb steak lightly on both sides then remove from the heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
- Return the lamb to the pan along with the water, lemon juice, and oregano.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30-40 minutes until the lamb is tender. In the last 10 minutes of cooking add the peas.
- Meanwhile boil the potatoes in unsalted water, drain and mash with the milk and spread.
- Steam or boil the broccoli until tender and blitz in a food processor then mash into the potato.
- Remove the lamb from the casserole and cut into manageable size pieces for your baby, or, if necessary blitz in a food processor with a little of the cooking liquid.
- Serve the stew with the broccoli mash.
- The stew can be stored in the fridge for 2 days, or can be frozen for up to 3 months. The potato is best made freshly to preserve the vitamin content though will keep for 24 hours in the fridge. Reheat until piping hot.