- 50g (1.5oz) leeks (white part only)
- 75g (2.5oz) broccoli (trimmed weight)
- 75g (2.5oz) cauliflower (trimmed weight)
- 300ml (10.5 floz) your baby's usual milk
- 40g margarine
- 40g plain flour
- 50g (1.5oz) hard cheese, finely grated
Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya. If your baby is following a strict vegetarian diet, make sure their usual milk is suitable for vegetarians.
- Slice the leeks finely. Divide the cauliflower and broccoli into small florets. Place in boiling water then simmer until soft, then drain.
- Make the sauce by melting the margarine in a pan. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour to make a paste. Add the milk a little at a time, stirring well between each addition. Return to the heat whisking continuously until the sauce thickens, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute. Add the grated cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables.
- Chop into little chunks and serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
Back to top