- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
Lentil & vegetable bakeIf you are preparing this recipe for a baby unable to tolerate whole cows' milk, please read the special cautionary notes below.
- 2 heaped tbsp green or red lentils
- 2 heaped tbsp long grain rice
- 30g (1oz) sultanas
- 60g (2oz) frozen green beans, finely chopped
- 6og (2oz) carrots, peeled
- 60g (2oz) of tinned tomatoes, skinned
- 630ml (1¼ pints / 22 floz) hot water
- 90ml (3 floz) your baby's usual milk*
- 30g (1oz) margarine*
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes.
Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya. If your baby is following a strict vegetarian diet, make sure their usual milk is suitable for vegetarians.
*If your baby is following a milk free diet, just use the formula suitable for your baby's special diet as directed by your Healthcare Professional. Please make sure the margarine you use is milk free too. Vegetable oil can be used as an alternative.
- Wash the lentils and place in a large saucepan.
- Add the rice, sultanas, finely chopped vegetables, and hot water and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in your baby's usual milk and the margarine, re-cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool, chop into little chunks and serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.