- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp oat flakes
- Lemon juice
- Approx. 200ml (7 floz) water (reserve after cooking)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple juice
Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Place the oat flakes in a small bowl and cover with the apple juice.
- Peel and chop the apple and place in a saucepan with the water. Cover and simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Chop and purée the banana and mix in a squirt of lemon juice.
- Drain the cooked apple, add to the banana and continue to purée.
- Meanwhile add the oat flakes and apple juice to the reserved water in the pan and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the oat mix to the apple and banana and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved. Cool and serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months. If freezing, add banana just before serving.
Back to top