- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Mushroom, lentil and pepper stewSuitable for 10 months+
Lentils are a great standby, and you can make an easy meal with vegetables you’ll usually have in the fridge. This combination is also a great source of iron.
4 baby portions
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (60g / 2oz), finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, (60g / 2oz) finely chopped
- Half a red pepper (80g / 2 ¾ oz), finely chopped
- 60g / 2oz mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 100g (3 ½ oz) red lentils
- 200g (7 oz) canned chopped tomatoes
- 30g (1 oz) currants
- 400ml (14oz) water
- 1 tsp of chopped coriander
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and fry the onion and carrots for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the pepper, mushroom and cumin and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, tomatoes, currants and water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables and lentils are all tender. Stir occasionally and add a little more water if required.
- The stew may be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for 3 months. Reheat until piping hot.
Serve with rice.