- No added soya
- No added egg
Mushroom, pea, broccoli and macaroni bakeSuitable for 10 months+
Macaroni with tasty vegetables in a ricotta sauce finished off in the oven with a topping of cheese. If your baby is hungry you can easily miss out the oven baking stage.
3 baby servings
- 50g (1¾ oz) macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small, (60g (2½ oz)) onion, finely chopped
- 50g (2oz) button mushrooms
- 1 medium (40g (1½ oz)) floret broccoli, roughly chopped
- 50g (1¾ oz) frozen peas
- 125g (4½ oz) ricotta cheese
- 50ml (2 fl oz) full fat milk
- 25g (1 oz) cheddar cheese, grated
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Preheat oven to 190°C, 170°C fan oven, gas mark 5.
- Boil the macaroni until soft in unsalted water (approx 8-10 minutes) adding the peas and broccoli for the last 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a non stick pan and fry the onion until just clear, before adding the mushrooms. Stir, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables, and mix together with the onion and mushrooms.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese and milk and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Alternatively take out one portion and serve at once with a little of the grated cheese.
- The bake will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days, and should be reheated until piping hot.
Serve with halved cherry tomatoes.