- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Pasta bologneseSuitable from 10 months+
- 100g (3½oz) lean minced beef
- ½ (prepared weight approx. 50g/2oz) small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot (prepared weight approx. 100g/3½oz), peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 200g (7oz) of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) unsweetened white grape juice
- 300ml (½ pint) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100g (3½oz) frozen peas, thawed
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes.
Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Mix the minced beef, onion and oil in a large pan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the carrot, put the lid on the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle in the flour and stir well then add the tomatoes, grape juice and water.
- Add the oregano and season with some pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add the peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes then put the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse a couple of times so that the mixture looks like it's been chopped into small chunky pieces, suitable for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.