- No added soya
Pasta with garden vegetables in a cheesy sauceSuitable for 10 months+
Look out for small pasta shapes to use in this delicious cheesy sauce with garden vegetables. You can of course, use other vegetables such as sweetcorn, carrots or beans, just making sure that they are cooked until tender and chopped or mashed to a texture your baby enjoys.
- 60g (2oz) small pasta shapes
- 30g (1oz) peas
- 30g (1oz) broccoli
- 30g (1oz) courgette
- 15g (½ oz) polyunsaturated spread
- 15g (½ oz) plain flour
- 200ml (7fl oz) full fat milk
- 30g (1oz) cheddar cheese, grated.
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Boil the pasta shapes in unsalted water. In the last 5 minutes of cooking add the courgette and broccoli. Add the peas for the last couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile make a sauce with the spread, flour and milk by whisking together and either cooking in the microwave until thickened, or in a non stick pan, stirring frequently.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables and stir into the thickened sauce along with the cheese.
- Serve, adjusting the texture if necessary to suit your baby.
- The pasta in sauce can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours. It is suitable for freezing for up to 3 months.