- Gluten free
Ricotta and tomato bake
- 250g (10oz) Ricotta
- 50g (2oz) baby spinach
- 1 shallot
- ¼ clove garlic
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 whole egg
- 100ml Cow & Gate Growing up Milk
- 100g (4oz) Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4 leaves basil (optional)
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes.
Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya. For this recipe to be vegetarian, please use a vegetarian cheese.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Put the finely chopped shallot and garlic into a pan with the olive oil. Warm over heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook until soft. Then strain through a sieve, removing the excess juices by pushing with the back of a spoon.
- Place the cooked spinach on a clean chopping board and chop it finely with the basil.
- Add the Ricotta and whole egg to a food processor, then add the grated Cheddar cheese and milk. Blitz for 1 minute, then add the chopped spinach and chopped tomato and fold it through the mixture.
- Take 4 ramekins (4”x5” / 10cm x 12cm) and lightly brush with olive oil and dust with Parmesan. Pour in the mixture.
- If you want to freeze for later use, cover the ramekins with cling film and allow to cool. Then freeze immediately. You can mark and date them, and they should last for up to one month in the freezer. It is best to defrost the dish before cooking.
- To bake, dust the tops of the ramekins with Parmesan and bake in the oven for 12 minutes, or until risen.
- To make sure they are cooked through, push a knife into the centre of one and remove. If the knife is clean they are cooked.
- Allow to cool to a toddler friendly temperature and tuck in.