- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Roasted red pepper with chicken and cous cousSuitable for 10 months+
Make this simple dish when you have the oven already on, or make enough for all the family. You can roast other vegetables such as courgettes, red onions or squash along side the chicken and peppers if you have them too.
2 baby servings
- 80g (2 ¾ oz) skinless chicken fillet,
- 1/2 red pepper (80g (2 ¾ oz), cut into several pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small (60g / 2oz) carrot, very finely diced
- 40g (1 ½ oz) green beans, trimmed and cut into 3
- 60g (2 oz) cous cous
- 100ml ( 3 ½ oz) water
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Pre-heat an oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C or gas mark 6.
- Place the chicken and pepper in a small ovenproof dish and pour over the olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the peppers are soft and the chicken cooked through.
- Meanwhile boil the carrot in unsalted water.
- Prepare the cous cous by pouring the boiling water over the grains and leaving to stand for 5 minutes. Fork in the cooked carrot.
- Steam or boil the green beans in unsalted water.
- Finely chop the chicken and pepper and stir into the cous cous.
- Serve the beans as a finger food along side the cous cous.
- The completed meal (but not beans which are best served fresh) can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours but is not suitable for freezing. It may be served cold as a salad or reheated until piping hot.
Replace half the boiling water with unsweetened orange juice for a citrus tang.