Scrumptious salmon pie
- 300g (12oz) fresh salmon fillet
- 100g (4oz) smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 50g (2oz) button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 25g (1oz) sunflower or olive oil spread, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp flour
- 350ml Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 bunch chopped chives
- 1 shallot
- 25g (1oz) Cheddar cheese
- Juice of ½ a lemon
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes.
Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Pre heat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Place the raw salmon fillet in a saucepan with the Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer uncovered for 8 minutes.
- Whilst the fish is cooking, cook the potato in boiling water until soft. Strain the potato and mash with a little of the spread and 25ml of Growing Up Milk.
- Drain the fish, reserving the cooking liquid for later.
- Melt the sunflower or olive oil spread together with the shallot, carrot and mushrooms in a saucepan. Cook gently for 3 minutes, then add the flour.
- Cook for a further minute then slowly add 250ml of the reserved cooking liquid to form a smooth sauce.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the grated cheese.
- Flake in the fish and fold in the chives.
- Add the lemon juice, grated hard boiled egg and smoked salmon. Add a pinch of white pepper.
- Pour the mixture into an oven proof dish (8”x4” / 20cm x 10cm). Top with the mashed potato and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To bake, place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to a toddler friendly temperature before serving
- This recipe is not suitable for freezing.