- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Chicken, celery and tomato riceSuitable for 10 months+
A simple and inexpensive chicken and rice dish. Using herbs provides flavour without adding salt.
Makes 3 toddler portions
- 1 chicken thigh, skin and bone removed (weighing approx 100g (3.5oz))
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 small onion or banana shallot, finely chopped
- 2 small sticks celery, finely diced
- 100g (3.5oz) rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, skinned and chopped, or half 230g (8oz) can chopped tomatoes
- Half teaspoon dried mixed herbs, or herbs of your choice
- 200ml (7 fl oz or 1/3 pt) water
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of:
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and gently fry the onion and celery until softened.
- Add the chicken and fry, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, tomato, herbs and water and bring to simmering point.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally, adding more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Adjust the texture to suit your baby or toddler.
- Let your toddler's portion cool a little before serving.
- May be stored in the fridge for 24 hours. Can be frozen for up to 3 months. Reheat until piping hot before cooling to a suitable temperature for your baby.