- No added soya
- No added milk
Greek lamb with green beansSuitable for 10 months+
Stewed lamb with aubergine, courgette and green benas in a Greek style tomato and cinnamon sauce, served with baby pasta shapes or the Greek equivalent - orzo.
Makes 3 toddler portions
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 small onion or banana shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lean lamb steak, weighing 80-100g (2.75-3.5oz), cut into very small pieces
- Half a medium courgette, finely diced
- Quarter of a medium sized aubergine, finely diced
- Small can (approx 230g (8oz)) canned chopped tomatoes in juice
- Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150ml (¼ pt) water
- 50g (2oz) fine green beans, cut into 1cm lengths
- 50g (2oz) baby pasta shapes or orzo
Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the lamb and continue frying gently until it is just browned.
- Stir in the courgette, aubergine, tomatoes, cinnamon and water.
- Bring to simmering point, cover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans, and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta shapes or orzo in unsalted boiling water.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the lamb stew.
- Adjust the texture to suit your baby or toddler.
- Let your toddler's portion cool a little before serving.
- This may be cooled and refrigerated for 24 hours, or frozen for up to 3 months. It must be reheated until piping hot and allowed to cool to a safe temperature for your baby.