- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Tuna with potatoes and red peppersuitable for 10 months+
A simple succulent oven baked potato dish to which you can add canned tuna or other fish.
- 1tbsp veg oil
- Half a small leek (65g /2 ¼ oz), white parts only, finely chopped
- Half (80g / 3oz) a red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium (135g / 5oz) potato, peeled and diced or cut into small wedges
- 1 large (125g / 4 ½ oz) tomato, skinned, seeded and roughly chopped
- Half teaspoon ground coriander
- 100ml (3 ½ fl oz) water
- 50g (1 ¾ oz) canned tuna in oil, drained
- 4 small florets (50g / 1 ¾ oz) broccoli
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby’s recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some product may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Preheat an oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C or gas mark 5
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and gently fry the leek and pepper for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in the potato, tomato and coriander.
- Spoon into an ovenproof dish and pour over 100ml water.
- Cover and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- In the last 7-8 minutes of cooking cook the broccoli until tender in unsalted boiling water or by steaming.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and stir in the tuna and broccoli.
- Adjust the texture if required by blending, and serve.
- The potato mixture (without broccoli) will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat until piping hot and cook fresh broccoli to accompany.