- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Chicken and apricotsSuitable for 10 months+
A tasty iron-rich casserole that you can purée to the perfect texture for your toddler.
Makes 9 toddler portions or
3-4 adult portions
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g (14oz) skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 large sticks celery, trimmed and sliced
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp dried or few sprigs fresh thyme
- 250ml (9 fl oz) water
- 250g (9oz) ready to eat apricots, roughly chopped
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- First, heat the oil in a non-stick casserole dish or pan and fry the onions until they start to look clear.
- Stir in the cubed chicken and celery and let them sizzle and fry for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle in the cornflour and thyme and stir in the water.
- Once it’s bubbling nicely, add the apricots then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Let it simmer gently on the hob for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Or you can bake it in a medium oven (at 170ºC/ 150ºF/ gas mark 3) for 45 minutes.
- Let your toddler's portion cool a little before serving.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
This dish is great served with mashed potatoes or rice. And with your toddler’s favourite green vegetables on the side, it’s an iron-rich winner!