- No added soya
- No added egg
Fish CrumbleSuitable for 10 months+
The crumble topping of this fish pie contains iron-rich cornflakes! For an extra iron boost, you can use Growing Up milk, too.
Makes 10 toddler portions or
4 adult portions
For the filling:
- 250g (9oz) skinless salmon fillet cut into large chunks
- 250g (9oz) skinless white fish such as haddock or pollock, cut into chunks
- 160g (6oz) frozen peas
- 40g (1.5oz) plain white flour
- 500ml (18 fl oz) whole milk or Cow & Gate Growing-Up milk
- 25g (1oz) polyunsaturated spread
- 1tbsp or juice of half a lemon
For the crumble:
- 100g (3.5oz) plain white flour
- 50g (2oz) polyunsaturated spread
- 25g (1oz) cornflakes, slightly crushed
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Start by preheating the oven to 190°C or 170°C for fan assisted ovens or gas mark 6.
- Place the fish and peas in an ovenproof dish and set aside.
- Place the butter in a small non stick pan and slowly melt it, add 40g of plain flour and mix together into a smooth paste. Whisk in the milk gradually, stirring all the time until your white sauce comes to the boil and thickens.
- Add the lemon juice to the sauce and pour it over the fish and peas.
- For the crumble, rub the spread into the 100g of flour, and then add the cornflakes. Spoon the mixture over the fish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the crumble is deliciously golden brown.
- Let your toddler's portion cool a little before serving.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
Green vegetables on the side add even more iron to this crunchy, fishy delight!