- No added soya
- No added egg
Fishy pasta bakeSuitable from 12+ months.
A quick, tasty recipe that makes the most of two great sources of iron: sardines and your toddler’s Growing Up Milk.
Makes 4 toddler servings
- 130g (5oz) can of sardines in tomato sauce
- 100g (3.5oz) small pasta shapes
- 20g (1oz) plain white flour
- 200ml (7 fl oz) full fat milk or Growing Up Milk
- 20g (1oz) polyunsaturated spread
- 25g (1oz) cheddar cheese, finely grated
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- First, mash the sardines and sauce together in a mixing bowl and put to one side.
- Then put the pasta on to boil in unsalted water and keep an eye on it as you prepare the sauce. Drain it well once it’s cooked.
- Meanwhile, use a whisk to mix the flour and milk together in a small non-stick pan. Add the spread and heat gradually, stirring until it comes to the boil and thickens into a sauce.
- Stir the sauce into the sardines and then mix in the cooked pasta.
- Tip the fishy mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish and sprinkle the cheese on top. Then pop it under a hot grill for a few minutes until the cheese browns slightly.
- Let your toddler's portion cool a little before serving.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
Once you’ve let the fishy bake cool, serve with baby tomatoes, green beans or carrots. All of them contain vitamin C, which helps your toddler absorb as much of the iron as possible!