- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Moroccan lamb with couscousSuitable for 10 months+
With gentle spices and a touch of sweetness, this iron-rich dish is tasty, quick and full of goodness for your toddler!
Makes 6 toddler portions or
3-4 adult portions
- 400g (14oz) lean lamb mince
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 70g (2.5oz) raisins
- 150ml (5 fl oz) unsweetened orange juice
- 50ml (2 fl oz) water
- 100g (3.5oz) frozen spinach, thawed
- 230g (8oz) couscous
- 370ml (13 fl oz) boiling water
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- In a large non stick pan, heat the lamb mince gently, breaking up the pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion and garlic, and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until the mince is browned.
- Stir in the coriander, raisins, juice and water and bring it all to the boil. Then simmer with a lid on the pan for 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous in a large heatproof bowl by covering with the boiling water. Stir it briefly and allow it to stand for 5 minutes. Simply fluff with a fork and it’s ready to serve with the lamb.
- Let your toddler's portion cool a little before serving.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
Serve with broccoli or some more steamed spinach for a colourful iron-rich addition!