- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Turkey burgers with salsaSuitable from 12+ months.
A fun iron-rich finger food for toddlers!
Makes 6 toddler portions
For the salsa:
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 200g (7oz) tinned tomatoes
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
For the turkey burgers:
- 200g (7oz) turkey mince
- 50g (2oz) smooth liver pâtè
- 1 medium slice wholemeal bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Flour or semolina for shaping
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- To make the salsa, gently fry the onion and garlic in the oil in a small non stick pan.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, purée and herbs and bring it all to the boil.
- Stir it and leave it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the mince, pâtè, bread and parsley in a small food processor bowl and process until it’s all smooth.
- Then shape 12 small patties from the mixture, using flour or semolina if it gets sticky.
- You can either cook the burgers on a lightly greased baking sheet at 200º C or 180ºC for fan ovens or gas mark 7 for 15 minutes. Or you can fry them in a little oil in a non stick pan for 5-6 minutes each side until they’re just browned.
- Let the burgers and salsa cool a little before serving.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
Add some extra vitamin C to the meal with tasty wedges of baked sweet potato