- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Tasty beef and vegetable stewSuitable for 10 months+
Makes 6 toddler portions or
2-3 adult portions
Preperation time 15 minutes
- 300g (11oz) lean minced beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 small potato, peeled and finely diced
- Half an aubergine (about 150g (5oz)) finely diced
- 1 medium courgette, finely diced
- 50g (2oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp fresh chopped dill or 1 tsp dried
- 450ml (16 fl oz) boiling water
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Place the mince in a large non stick sauce pan and heat gently using a wooden spoon to break up the pieces.
- After a few minutes when some cooking juices are released from the meat add the onions, garlic, stir and cover for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the carrots, potato, aubergine, mushrooms and courgette and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now add the flour and dill and stir in the water. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Adjust the texture if necessary for your toddler.
- Let your toddler's portion cool a little before serving.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
This is great served with mashed potato, rice or pasta shapes and a couple of broccoli florets.