- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Vegetarian minceSuitable for 10 months+
Vegetarian mince provides iron and this tasty recipe uses a little peanut butter to give a creamy texture. Choose the lowest salt peanut butter you can find.
Makes 6 toddler portions
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Half a green pepper, finely chopped
- 300g (11oz) vegetarian mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 level tbsp tomato purée
- 250ml (9 fl oz) water
- 50g (2oz) smooth peanut butter
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes
- Add the pepper, vegetarian mince and cumin and cook for another few minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the tomato purée and water and bring it all to the boil.
- Then stir, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, adding more water if it looks a little dry.
- Just before serving, stir in the peanut butter.
- Let your toddler's portion cool a little before serving.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
For a hearty filling meal, serve on a bed of couscous, rice or pasta.