- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Bean, beef and appleSuitable from 4 months.
- 125g (4oz) lean minced beef
- 2 dessert apples (prepared weight approx. 300g/10oz), peeled, cored and chopped
- 410g can red kidney beans (drained weight 240g), rinsed well and drained
- 200ml (7 fl oz) boiling water
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Heat a saucepan and add the meat in one layer. Let it brown on one side then turn it to brown it all over.
- Add the chopped apple, the kidney beans and the water. Bring to the boil then cover with the pan lid and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until the apple is soft and will mash when pressed with a fork against the side of the pan.
- Cool for a few minutes then put in a blender or food processor and purée to a smooth consistency appropriate for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.
Royal gala apples are naturally sweet and will soften on cooking so are good for this recipe.