- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
Chicken dinnerIf you are preparing this recipe for a baby unable to tolerate whole cows' milk, please read the special cautionary notes below.
- 270g (9oz) boiled rice
- 150g (5oz) boiled red lentils
- 90g (3oz) roast chicken, skinned and diced
- 90g (3oz) tinned pineapple in natural juice, drained and diced
- 90g (3oz) stewed puréed apple
- 360ml (12floz) your baby's usual milk* (heated gently)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
*If your baby is following a milk free diet, just use the formula suitable for your baby's special diet as directed by your Healthcare Professional.
- Wash the rice and boil until soft. Wash the lentils and boil until tender.
- Boil in the minimum amount of water to retain the goodness.
- Combine the boiled rice and lentils with the diced roast chicken, pineapple, lemon juice and stewed apple.
- Purée to a smooth consistency to serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.