- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
Creamy chicken with vegSuitable from 4 months.
- 1 chicken breast (125g/4oz), skinned, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ a butternut squash (prepared weight approx. 350g/12oz), de-seeded, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots (prepared weight approx. 200g/7oz), peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato (prepared weight approx. 200g/7oz), peeled and chopped
- 300ml (½ pint) boiling water
- 142ml carton single cream
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Put the chicken and oil in a large pan and stir-fry until the meat is browned all over. Add the squash, carrots and potato to the pan, cover with the lid and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the water, stir well, bring to the boil then cover with the pan lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes (or until all the vegetables are softened) stirring occasionally.
- Cool for a few minutes then put into a blender or food processor and purée. Pour in the cream and whizz the mixture again until well blended and smooth to a consistency appropriate for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 months or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.
This does make a lot of purée so you could freeze half for your baby and make the rest into a lovely creamy soup for adults by thinning the purée down with good quality hot chicken stock. Reheat gently as it has the cream in. Add seasoning and serve sprinkled with lots of fresh chopped parsley or coriander, if you like.
The remaining half of the butternut squash could be roasted alongside potatoes and carrots to accompany any roast meat.