- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
Fruity chicken and riceSuitable from 4 months.
- Knob of butter (about 15g /1/2oz)*
- 1 chicken breast (125g/4oz), skinned and cut into strips
- 2 carrots (prepared weight approx. 250g/8oz), peeled and thinly sliced
- 250g (8oz) sweetcorn, frozen, or drained from a can
- 1 apple (prepared weight approx. 150g/5oz), peeled, cored and chopped
- 150ml (¼ pint) unsweetened apple juice
- 350ml (12 fl oz) boiling water
- 2 tablespoons (25g/1oz) ground rice or baby rice
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
*If your baby is following a milk free diet, please make sure you use an alternative fat source that is milk free. Vegetable oil can be used as an alternative.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the chicken strips and stir-fry for a few minutes to let them brown but don't let the butter burn. Add the carrots to the pan, cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sweetcorn and apple, and pour in the apple juice and water. Stir well then sprinkle in the ground rice. Cover and cook for about 40 minutes, over a low heat, until the carrots are softened and the rice has thickened the juices. Stir the mixture every so often to prevent the rice sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cool for a few minutes then put into a blender or food processor and purée to a smooth consistency suitable for your baby. The purée will thicken more as it cools. Just slacken it down with a little water when you reheat it for serving.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or for 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.