- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped or grated
- 240g (8oz) button mushrooms
- 2 large potatoes
- 420g (14oz) tinned tomatoes, crushed
- 4 pork chops (boned)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- This takes a while to prepare and cook so begin preparing 1 hour and 45 minutes before you want to eat.
- Turn the oven to Gas mark 4 (180°C, 350°F).
- Chop the onion and carrots and cut the mushrooms in half.
- Cut each potato into 8 pieces.
- Trim fat from the chops and throw it away.
- Put chopped vegetables, tinned tomatoes and chops into a casserole dish.
- Pour lemon juice over the meat and vegetables.
- Put a lid on or cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove lid or foil, stir the casserole and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Serve warm and blended to a smooth purée.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
Back to top