- No added soya
- No added egg
Suitable from 6 months.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g (½ lb) minced lamb
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml (½ pint) water
- 90g (3oz) carrots peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 670g (1½ lb) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 30g (1oz) margarine*
- 90ml (3floz) your baby's usual milk*
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
*If your baby is following a milk free diet, just use the formula suitable for your baby's special diet as directed by your Healthcare Professional. Please make sure the margarine you use is milk free too. Vegetable oil can be used as an alternative.
- Heat oil and fry onions until tender. Add meat and, stirring frequently, cook until browned. Stir in flour.
- Gradually add water, stirring continuously to prevent it turning lumpy.
- Add chopped carrots
- Cover and, stirring occasionally, simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the mince is cooking, boil the potatoes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, mash with the margarine and your baby's usual milk.
- When the mince is cooked, spoon into an ovenproof dish and cover with the mashed potato by either piping it on or making patterns with a fork.
- Place in an oven and bake on gas mark 5 (190°C, 375°F) for 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown.
- Purée the meal to a smooth consistency before serving.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.