- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Spinach & carrot risotto with basil
- 75g (2.5oz) of frozen spinach
- 2 large carrots, peeled & diced
- 20g (0.75oz) of Cow & Gate Baby Rice
- 6 tbsp (30ml) of unsweetened apple juice
- 4-6 leaves of finely chopped fresh basil
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Boil the diced carrots in a pan of water for approx 10 minutes. Meanwhile mix the Cow & Gate Pure Baby Rice with the apple juice to form a paste.
- Turn off the heat and add the frozen spinach to the pan of carrots.
- Leave for a couple of minutes and then strain the vegetables through a sieve.
- Place the carrots and spinach into a food processor and add the baby rice mixture and chopped basil. Blend until smooth.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
You can adjust the thickness of this risotto by adding more or less liquid.