- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
Sweet potato and bean bakeIf you are preparing this recipe for a baby unable to tolerate whole cows' milk, please read the special cautionary notes below.
- 30g (1oz) margarine*
- 180g (6oz) leeks, finely sliced
- 390g (13oz) sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 90g (3oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 360g (12oz) tinned broad beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 60g (2oz) green beans, finely chopped
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
*If your baby is following a milk free diet, please make sure the margarine you use is milk free. Vegetable oil can be used as an alternative.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
- Add the leeks and potatoes and cook gently for 5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and just enough water to cover.
- Bring to the boil, remove from heat, and add beans.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked at 200°C (400°F), gas mark 6. Five minutes from the end add chopped basil or dried mixed herbs.
- Cool, purée to a smooth consistency, and serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.