- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 chicken breast (125g/4oz), skinned and cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion (prepared weight approx. 100g/3½oz), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper (prepared weight approx. 125g/4oz), deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g (7oz) of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 300ml (½ pint) boiling water
- 125g (4oz) frozen or canned sweetcorn
- 1 medium head fresh broccoli (prepared weight approx. 150g/5oz), trimmed, cut into equal sized florets
- 5 tablespoon single cream (90ml)
- 5 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 250g (8oz) vermicelli (or other pasta) (some pastas contain egg)
Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Put the oil, chicken and onion in a large pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes until the chicken is sealed. Add the pepper, put the lid on the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomatoes and water, bring to the boil and stir in the sweetcorn and broccoli. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes until the vegetables are softened. Stir in the cream and parsley and just warm through.
- Cool for a few minutes then put the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse a couple of times to get a mashed consistency suitable for your baby.
- Meanwhile cook as much vermicelli as you need for serving the recipe fresh. It will only take 2-3 minutes. Cook 25g (1oz) to go with 190g (nearly 7oz) chicken and vegetable mixture for each serving for your baby. Drain well then snip into pieces with scissors and stir in to the sauce.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.
Back to top