- 1 chicken breast (125g/4oz), skinned and cut into strips
- 1 small onion (prepared weight approx. 100g/3½oz), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots (prepared weight approx. 250g/8oz), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium potato (prepared weight approx. 250g/8oz), peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) unsweetened apple juice
- 200g (7oz) of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 300ml (½ pint) boiling water
- 6 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Put the chicken, onion and oil in a large pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes until it is sealed and browning. Add the carrot and potato. Put the lid on the pan and let the vegetables soften for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle in the flour and mix well.
- Add the apple juice, tomatoes and water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Cool for a few minutes, add the parsley and put the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse a couple of times to get a mashed consistency, suitable for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.
Back to top