- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Colourful rice & beansSuitable from 7 months
- 1 small onion (125g/4oz), peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 red and 1 green pepper (prepared weight approx. 250g/8oz), quartered, deseeded and diced
- 100g (3½oz) button mushrooms, halved if large
- 200g (7oz) risotto rice
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 400g (14oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 300ml (½ pint) boiling water
- 410g can red kidney beans (drained weight 240g/8oz), rinsed well and drained
- 50g (2oz) frozen or canned sweetcorn
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Heat a large pan, add the onion and oil and cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes. Add the diced peppers, put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, stir-fry for a couple of minutes then stir in the rice and pineapple juice, tinned tomatoes and water. Cook, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans and sweetcorn. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool for a few minutes then put the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse a couple of times to get a mashed consistency, suitable for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.
This recipe is very suitable for adults (before putting it in the blender) as a vegetarian dish or serve it alongside grilled chicken or pork chops. Add some seasoning and some freshly chopped parsley or coriander, if you like.