- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
Lentil & cauliflower mashIf you are preparing this recipe for a baby unable to tolerate whole cows' milk, please read the special cautionary notes below.
- 150g (5oz) cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 150g (5oz) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 150g (5oz) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 90g (3oz) red or green lentils, washed and drained
- 330ml (11 floz) water 150g (5oz) cauliflower
- 30g (1oz) margarine
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
*If your baby is following a milk free diet, please make sure the margarine you use is milk free. Vegetable oil can be used as an alternative.
- Bring the apples, potatoes, carrots and lentils to the boil in 250ml (9 floz) water.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Add cauliflower and remaining water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mash the meal to serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.