- ½ a medium aubergine (prepared weight approx. 100g/3½oz), trimmed and diced
- ½ a small onion (prepared weight approx. 50g/2oz), peeled and diced
- 200g (7oz) of tinned chopped tomatoes
- ½ a red pepper (prepared weight approx. 50g/2oz), deseeded and diced
- ¼ of a green pepper (prepared weight approx. 25g/1oz), deseeded and diced
- 1 small courgette (prepared weight approx. 100g/3½oz), trimmed and diced
- 450ml (15 fl oz) boiling water
- 175g (6oz) macaroni or other pasta of your choice (some pastas contain egg)
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) full cream milk
- 6 tablespoons (90ml) single cream
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- About 10 fresh basil leaves
Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Mix the aubergine, onion and tomatoes in a large pan and cook, with the lid on, for 5 minutes, over a low heat. Add the red and green pepper and courgette and cook another 5 minutes, with the lid on.
- Pour in the water, bring to the boil, stir in the pasta and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the milk and cream and cook for another couple of minutes. Add the nutmeg and tear in the basil leaves.
- Cool for a few minutes then put the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse a couple of times to get a mashed consistency, suitable for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.
Back to top