- 200g (½ lb) minced beef
- 2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 420g (14oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 180-240g (6-8 oz) mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, processed meats may contain milk proteins, and some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Chop onions and mushrooms.
- Heat oil and fry onions with herbs until tender.
- Add minced beef and stir until the meat has turned a light brown in colour i.e. sealed.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and chopped mushrooms.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed, then cover and simmer on a low heat for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghetti following manufacturer's instructions.
- Gently mash the meal to serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
Back to top