- 6og (2oz) alphabet pasta, or chopped vermicelli
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 90g (3oz) carrots, peeled and grated
- 60g (2oz) frozen peas
- 330g (11oz) tinned tomatoes
- 240ml (8 floz) water 90g (3oz) tinned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 heaped tsp oregano
Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Cook pasta for 3 minutes in boiling water. Refresh in cold water and drain.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan, add the onions, and sauté for 2 minutes until soft.
- Add the grated carrot and peas, sauté for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring over a medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, water and flaked tuna. Stir until simmering.
- Add tomato purée and oregano. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Gently mash to serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
Back to top