- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Veg & pork casseroleSuitable from 7 months.
- 250g (8oz) lean minced pork
- ½ small onion (50g/2oz), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots (prepared weight approx. 250g/8oz), peeled and diced
- 1 medium potato (prepared weight approx. 200g/7oz), peeled and diced
- 200g (7oz) of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 300ml (½ pint) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon ground rice, baby rice or risotto rice
- About 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
- Mix the pork mince, chopped onion and oil in a large pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the carrot and potato and cook, covered with the pan lid, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes and water then sprinkle in the rice and stir well. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft, stirring every so often, as it has a tendency to stick to the bottom of the pan if left too long.
- Cool for a few minutes, add the parsley to taste, then put the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend to a mashed consistency, suitable for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.