- No added soya
- No added egg
Veg & pork pastaSuitable from 7 months.
- 100g (3½oz) lean pork mince
- 1 medium red pepper (prepared weight approx. 125g/4oz), deseeded and chopped
- 1 stick celery (prepared weight approx. 50g/2oz), chopped into small pieces
- 400g (14oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 200ml (7 fl oz) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 150g (5oz) macaroni (some pastas contain egg)
- 100g (3 ½ oz) good quality Cheddar cheese, grated
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of.
- Heat a large pan, add the pork mince and onion and stir-fry for a few minutes until browned all over. Add the red pepper and celery, put the lid on the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes, water and thyme. Bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are just tender. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook the macaroni in a pan of boiling water until just tender. Drain well and stir in the cheese.
- Mix the mince mixture into the pasta and put the mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse a few times to get a mashed consistency, suitable for your baby.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 1 month or 3 days in a covered bowl or plastic tub in the fridge.
This makes a lot of pasta which is fine if you are making it for adults to eat fresh, but to save space in the freezer just freeze the mince pork mince mixture in portions (about 125g/4oz) and cook about 25g/1oz pasta per serving and add cheese when you want to serve it.