- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
- No added milk
Sweet potato & lentil surprise
- 250g (9oz) sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 50g (1.5oz) lentils
- 150g (5oz) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 85g parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes. Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
If your baby is following a strict vegetarian diet, make sure their usual milk is suitable for vegetarians.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until soft.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the sweet potato, carrot and parsnip.
- Add the carrots, parsnip and sweet potato to the pan and cover with boiling water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils and chopped parsley and cook for a further 15 minutes (or until vegetables and lentils are tender).
- Drain off any excess water using a sieve.
- Chop into small pieces to serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.