- Gluten free
- No added soya
- No added egg
Tomato & butternut squash risottoIf you are preparing this recipe for a baby unable to tolerate whole cows' milk, please read the special cautionary notes below.
- 150g (5oz) butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 225g (approx. 8oz) tomatoes, tinned
- 25g margarine*
- 100g (3.5oz) rice
- 500ml (17.5floz) boiling water
- 1 tbsp basil leaves
Please note:Remember not to add salt to any of your baby's recipes Please check ingredients carefully as some products may contain allergens that you are unaware of. For example, some vegetable oils and margarines can contain soya.
*If your baby is following a milk free diet, please make sure the margarine you use is milk free. Vegetable oil can be used as an alternative.
- Melt the margarine and cook the onions until soft
- Rinse the rice through a sieve with cold water, until the water turns clear. Add to the pan and stir until coated with the butter.
- Pour over the boiling water, cover and cook over a high heat for 8 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, reduce the heat, cover and cook until all the water has been absorbed.
- Put the tomatoes into a pan and heat through for approx. 2 minutes.
- Stir the tomatoes into the rice.
- Chop into little pieces to serve.
- Makes multiple servings. Just freeze the remaining food into portions appropriate for your baby. Can be kept in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.